This document has been created by colleagues at the Department for Health and Social Care (DHSC), NHS England (NHSE), the Local Government Association (LGA) and NHS Confederation. Its purpose is to:
- Provide an overview of the themes emerging from the first iterations of integrated care strategies published by integrated care systems (ICSs).
- Be a reference point for colleagues across ICSs to understand what other systems have included in their strategies and how they have approached them.
- Provide a handful of case studies to add further detail as to what systems have included in their strategies and how they have approached the task of drafting them.
- Provide a snapshot in time in systems’ strategy processes, not a definitive picture of all strategies.
- It is based on a review by these organisations of 35 integrated care strategies, in draft form or final form, as published publicly by the ICS.