The NHS Confederation has been working closely with our members to understand and enable current and future approaches to system working. In response to the White Paper publication, our members have raised the following points with us:
- Concern about the increased powers of the Secretary of State to intervene in local decision making
- Seeking clarity about the role and function of provider collaboratives within ICS structures
- The need for fair representation of a range of organisations within ICS structures and non-NHS providers
- Queried how best to deliver place-based working, considering the principles of subsidiarity.
- Queried how individual organisatons and systems will be regulated within the new system architecture.
Legislating on the future of health and care in England
Healthcare leaders' views on the NHS reform white paper and implications for the forthcoming health and care bill.
31 March 2021
In response to members' concerns, we have:
- Raised your concerns directly with DHSC and influenced Parliamentarians on your behalf.
- Created several forums for leaders to discuss with NHS England and NHS Improvement colleagues forthcoming guidance on provider collaboration and influenced guidance documentation. Produced a briefing note to support our members in this area.
- Our CCG, mental health, community and PCN networks have each directly raised member concerns about the need for fair representation with policy makers. We have also worked closely with the LGA to influence policy and support the creation of structures that are genuinely inclusive.
- Delivered a place based webinar with colleagues from a range of systems. Influenced forthcoming guidance on place based working.
- Worked with our members to influence CQC approach to future regulation.
Defining the role of integrated care systems in workforce development
There is a clear desire for ICSs to be determined as the default level for future workforce decision making in health and care.
15 March 2019
Discharge to assess
This Community Network briefing sets out the case for permanent funding to support the ‘discharge to assess’ model.
14 June 2021
Now is the time for health inequalities to be addressed
It is through policy and decision-making that we can collectively change health inequalities.
11 June 2021
Let’s hardwire difference into the ICS world
With differences between ICS, it is vital that there is flexibility to enable systems to respond agilely to meet their particular circumstances.
26 May 2021
Procurement in an ICS – let’s really do it differently to benefit patients
Changes to procurement are welcomed by the ICN Network and NHS Clinical Commissioners, with the need for transparency and a level of consistency.
24 May 2021
New network for ICS communication and engagement leaders launched
New network will support communications professionals to work in new, innovative and integrated ways.
9 June 2021
NHS Confederation announces new advisorate and chair for its ICS Network
A new advisorate to oversee the work programme of the NHS Confederation's ICS Network, which will be chaired by Gill Morgan.
3 June 2021
NHS Confed Conference
The NHS Confederation's flagship conference bringing together the health and care sector between 15 to 17 June 2021.
15 June 2021 09:00 - 17 June 2021 17:00 GMT
NHS Communicate Conference 2021
NHS Communicate Conference 2021 is a brand new event specifically designed for NHS communications leaders.
15 September 2021 09:00 - 17:00 GMT