We have been working closely with our members to understand and enable current and future approaches to system working. In response to the white paper publication, our members have raised the following points with us:
- Concern about the increased powers of the Secretary of State to intervene in local decision making
- Seeking clarity about the role and function of provider collaboratives within ICS structures
- The need for fair representation of a range of organisations within ICS structures and non-NHS providers
- Queried how best to deliver place-based working, considering the principles of subsidiarity.
- Queried how individual organisatons and systems will be regulated within the new system architecture.
HR Framework for Developing Integrated Care Boards
A summary for members of NHS England and NHS Improvement's HR framework for the transition to integrated care boards.
19 August 2021
In response to members' concerns, we have:
- Raised your concerns directly with DHSC and influenced Parliamentarians on your behalf.
- Created several forums for leaders to discuss with NHS England and NHS Improvement colleagues forthcoming guidance on provider collaboration and influenced guidance documentation. Produced a briefing note to support our members in this area.
- Our CCG, mental health, community and PCN networks have each directly raised member concerns about the need for fair representation with policy makers. We have also worked closely with the LGA to influence policy and support the creation of structures that are genuinely inclusive.
- Delivered a place based webinar with colleagues from a range of systems. Influenced forthcoming guidance on place based working.
- Worked with our members to influence CQC approach to future regulation.
Reaching the tipping point
What impact has the pandemic had on children and young people’s mental health and the services that support them?
25 August 2021
Health on the Line: 'I'd love us to recognise that people are our biggest asset'
Episode 1: Rob Webster CBE on system working, lessons in leadership, COVID-19 and why the health and care workforce is the jewel in the crown.
25 August 2021
The health and care bill
Overview and analysis of the health and care bill, the priority issues for members and our view on the detail and what lies ahead.
7 July 2021
Time to act together: two-hour crisis response
The Community Network, hosted by the NHS Confederation and NHS Providers, is shining a light on innovative practice among community providers.
28 September 2021
The NHS backlog requires radical treatment
NHS leaders know that they must find a radically new approach to dealing with the waiting list backlog, explains Matthew Taylor.
26 September 2021
New network for ICS communication and engagement leaders launched
New network will support communications professionals to work in new, innovative and integrated ways.
9 June 2021
NHS Confederation announces new advisorate and chair for its ICS Network
A new advisorate to oversee the work programme of the NHS Confederation's ICS Network, which will be chaired by Gill Morgan.
3 June 2021
NHS Communicate Conference 2021
The inaugural NHS Communicate Conference 2021, a new event for NHS communications leaders.
15 September 2021 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
NHS Communicate Awards 2021
Celebrating teams and individuals who have delivered highly effective communications, to support delivery at a local, regional and national level
16 September 2021 19:30 GMT
Health on the Line
New podcast series, hosted by Matthew Taylor, offers fresh perspectives on the healthcare challenges of our time and ways to confront them.