We have been working closely with our members to understand and enable current and future approaches to system working. In response to the white paper publication, our members have raised the following points with us:
- Concern about the increased powers of the Secretary of State to intervene in local decision making
- Seeking clarity about the role and function of provider collaboratives within ICS structures
- The need for fair representation of a range of organisations within ICS structures and non-NHS providers
- Queried how best to deliver place-based working, considering the principles of subsidiarity.
- Queried how individual organisatons and systems will be regulated within the new system architecture.
In response to members' concerns, we have:
- Raised your concerns directly with DHSC and influenced Parliamentarians on your behalf.
- Created several forums for leaders to discuss with NHS England and NHS Improvement colleagues forthcoming guidance on provider collaboration and influenced guidance documentation. Produced a briefing note to support our members in this area.
- Our CCG, mental health, community and PCN networks have each directly raised member concerns about the need for fair representation with policy makers. We have also worked closely with the LGA to influence policy and support the creation of structures that are genuinely inclusive.
- Delivered a place based webinar with colleagues from a range of systems. Influenced forthcoming guidance on place based working.
- Worked with our members to influence CQC approach to future regulation.
Ambulance services and integrated care systems: lessons for effective collaboration
Four enablers of effective collaboration between integrated care systems and ambulance services.
21 August 2023
The state of integrated care systems 2022/23
The State of Integrated Care Systems 2022/23 examines the progress that local systems have made, and opportunities for further development.
17 August 2023
Hewitt review: what you need to know
Summary and analysis of Rt Hon Patricia Hewitt's review into the oversight, governance and accountability of integrated care systems (ICSs).
4 April 2023
Virtual wards: a prescription for NHS winter resilience
Virtual wards have emerged as a promising addition to patient care and can provide a solid foundation for building winter resilience.
30 November 2023
Shedding light on improvement at scale
Prof Sir Chris Ham shares key insights from his study of self-improving systems in England.
21 November 2023
NHS Confederation responds to urgent and emergency care situation report
NHS leaders and their teams have been pulling out all the stops to prepare for winter, the most difficult time of year for the health service.
30 November 2023
Response to the update on the Rebalancing Care and Support Programme
Welsh NHS Confederation director Darren Hughes response to the update from the Welsh Government on the Rebalancing Care and Support Programme.
28 November 2023
In Discussion: Improving Health and Care at Scale
Find out about our Learning and Improving Across Systems work
19 December 2023 11:00 - 12:30 GMT
Advancing race equality by building a culture of accountability at system, place and neighbourhood
Join this webinar to find out how to build a culture of accountability which is essential to address racism and advance racial equity.
5 February 2024 13:00 - 14:30 GMT
Health on the Line
New podcast series, hosted by Matthew Taylor, offers fresh perspectives on the healthcare challenges of our time and ways to confront them.