We have been working closely with our members to understand and enable current and future approaches to system working. In response to the white paper publication, our members have raised the following points with us:
- Concern about the increased powers of the Secretary of State to intervene in local decision making
- Seeking clarity about the role and function of provider collaboratives within ICS structures
- The need for fair representation of a range of organisations within ICS structures and non-NHS providers
- Queried how best to deliver place-based working, considering the principles of subsidiarity.
- Queried how individual organisatons and systems will be regulated within the new system architecture.
In response to members' concerns, we have:
- Raised your concerns directly with DHSC and influenced Parliamentarians on your behalf.
- Created several forums for leaders to discuss with NHS England and NHS Improvement colleagues forthcoming guidance on provider collaboration and influenced guidance documentation. Produced a briefing note to support our members in this area.
- Our CCG, mental health, community and PCN networks have each directly raised member concerns about the need for fair representation with policy makers. We have also worked closely with the LGA to influence policy and support the creation of structures that are genuinely inclusive.
- Delivered a place based webinar with colleagues from a range of systems. Influenced forthcoming guidance on place based working.
- Worked with our members to influence CQC approach to future regulation.
Integrated care communications toolkit
Supporting members to communicate the changes taking place in the health and care system in England.
Clinical commissioning groups: transferring the legacy into learning
Reflections and recommendations from clinical commissioning groups to help inform the success of integrated care systems.
3 March 2022
The state of integrated care systems 2021/22
An assessment of integrated care systems' progress in 2021/22, based on the views of system leaders across England.
10 February 2022
Inclusion health: tackling the extreme end of health inequalities
Integrating services is key to improving experiences for people in inclusion health groups and for the health and care system as a whole.
1 June 2023
The importance of reflection and working in social partnership
Welsh NHS Confederation's Nesta Lloyd-Jones reflects on the impact of the team's work in 2022/23 and the value of working in social partnership.
31 May 2023
Despite immense challenges, figures show how far the NHS has come
Director of the Welsh NHS Confederation Darren Hughes responds to the latest NHS performance statistics in Wales.
19 May 2023
Matthew Taylor's speech to the RSM's Stevens lecture 2023
The NHS’s 75th birthday present should be a real health policy, argues Matthew Taylor at the Royal Society of Medicine's Stevens lecture 2023.
15 May 2023
Community Network, June 2023
The next meeting of the Community Network will take place on Tuesday 6 June between noon and 2pm.
6 June 2023 12:00 - 14:00 GMT
NHS ConfedExpo 2023
Join us at Manchester Central as we and NHS England unite health and care leaders and their teams at one of the biggest health and care conferences.
14 June 2023 08:30 - 15 June 2023 17:00 GMT
Health on the Line
New podcast series, hosted by Matthew Taylor, offers fresh perspectives on the healthcare challenges of our time and ways to confront them.