We have been working closely with our members to understand and enable current and future approaches to system working. In response to the white paper publication, our members have raised the following points with us:
- Concern about the increased powers of the Secretary of State to intervene in local decision making
- Seeking clarity about the role and function of provider collaboratives within ICS structures
- The need for fair representation of a range of organisations within ICS structures and non-NHS providers
- Queried how best to deliver place-based working, considering the principles of subsidiarity.
- Queried how individual organisatons and systems will be regulated within the new system architecture.
In response to members' concerns, we have:
- Raised your concerns directly with DHSC and influenced Parliamentarians on your behalf.
- Created several forums for leaders to discuss with NHS England and NHS Improvement colleagues forthcoming guidance on provider collaboration and influenced guidance documentation. Produced a briefing note to support our members in this area.
- Our CCG, mental health, community and PCN networks have each directly raised member concerns about the need for fair representation with policy makers. We have also worked closely with the LGA to influence policy and support the creation of structures that are genuinely inclusive.
- Delivered a place based webinar with colleagues from a range of systems. Influenced forthcoming guidance on place based working.
- Worked with our members to influence CQC approach to future regulation.
Integrated care communications toolkit
Supporting members to communicate the changes taking place in the health and care system in England.
Clinical commissioning groups: transferring the legacy into learning
Reflections and recommendations from clinical commissioning groups to help inform the success of integrated care systems.
3 March 2022
The state of integrated care systems 2021/22
An assessment of integrated care systems' progress in 2021/22, based on the views of system leaders across England.
10 February 2022
Why a health inequalities white paper is still so vital and should not be scrapped
Rather than abandon the white paper on health inequalities, the government is being urged instead to take a holistic approach to address them.
3 October 2022
Without clarity, courage and honesty we are lost
While little will take the edge off a difficult winter, clarity, courage and honesty from the health secretary and national leaders could go some way.
2 October 2022
Innovate Awards - winners announced
The AHSN Network and NHS Confederation have announced the winners of the Innovate Awards following a ceremony on 29 September.
30 September 2022
ICS Network to partner with Good Governance Institute
Our ICS Network is partnering with the Good Governance Institute (GGI) to support and promote integration and partnership working
29 September 2022
How digital supports the transformation of health and care in Wales
Join us for our next #WellbeingforWales online event, with Ifan Evans from Digital Health and Care Wales and Stuart Morris from Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB.
6 October 2022 14:00 - 15:00 GMT
Raising the voice of clinical and care professionals across an integrated care system (ICS)
Webinar looking at Gloucestershire’s experience of the Leading Integration Peer Support programme.
11 October 2022 14:00 - 15:00 GMT
Health on the Line
New podcast series, hosted by Matthew Taylor, offers fresh perspectives on the healthcare challenges of our time and ways to confront them.