We have been working closely with our members to understand and enable current and future approaches to system working. In response to the white paper publication, our members have raised the following points with us:
- Concern about the increased powers of the Secretary of State to intervene in local decision making
- Seeking clarity about the role and function of provider collaboratives within ICS structures
- The need for fair representation of a range of organisations within ICS structures and non-NHS providers
- Queried how best to deliver place-based working, considering the principles of subsidiarity.
- Queried how individual organisatons and systems will be regulated within the new system architecture.
In response to members' concerns, we have:
- Raised your concerns directly with DHSC and influenced Parliamentarians on your behalf.
- Created several forums for leaders to discuss with NHS England and NHS Improvement colleagues forthcoming guidance on provider collaboration and influenced guidance documentation. Produced a briefing note to support our members in this area.
- Our CCG, mental health, community and PCN networks have each directly raised member concerns about the need for fair representation with policy makers. We have also worked closely with the LGA to influence policy and support the creation of structures that are genuinely inclusive.
- Delivered a place based webinar with colleagues from a range of systems. Influenced forthcoming guidance on place based working.
- Worked with our members to influence CQC approach to future regulation.
Integrated care communications toolkit
Supporting members to communicate the changes taking place in the health and care system in England.
Clinical commissioning groups: transferring the legacy into learning
Reflections and recommendations from clinical commissioning groups to help inform the success of integrated care systems.
3 March 2022
The state of integrated care systems 2021/22
An assessment of integrated care systems' progress in 2021/22, based on the views of system leaders across England.
10 February 2022
Connecting to improve mental health support for children and young people
Integrated care and investing in prevention are key to improving mental health services.
8 February 2023
Dame Kate Bingham: The regulator moved from being a policeman to an air traffic controller
Dame Kate Bingham on the COVID-19 pandemic, the scientific response and how the effective application of science can be mission critical.
8 February 2023
NHS Confederation responds to the Public Accounts Committee report on Integrated Care Systems
Sarah Walter responds to the Public Accounts Committee inquiry report on introducing Integrated Care Systems (ICSs)
8 February 2023
Race Equality Week
Find out what the NHS Confederation is doing to support anti-racism in the NHS, book your place on our anti-racism conference and access resources.
6 February 2023
Watch: Delivering the early diagnosis of cancer PCN specification
A joint webinar with Cancer Research UK to improve understanding of the PCN specification requirements.
24 September 2020 13:30 - 14:30 GMT
Watch: Development of digital solutions for home-based and care home management
A look at the development of digital solutions for home-based and care home management.
24 February 2021 13:00 - 14:00 GMT
Health on the Line
New podcast series, hosted by Matthew Taylor, offers fresh perspectives on the healthcare challenges of our time and ways to confront them.