The Digital ICS programme is delivered by the NHS Confederation with NHS Providers and Public Digital and is supported by Health Education England and NHS England. It has been designed to support integrated care system (ICS) leaders seize the digital opportunity and deliver their system ambitions.
Digital transformation is a fundamental enabler in achieving the four core purposes of integrated care: improving population health and healthcare, tackling unequal outcomes and access, enhancing productivity and value for money, and helping the NHS to support broader social and economic development. Leaders of integrated care boards (ICBs) must therefore have an understanding of how to harness new digital opportunities.
The offer includes:
- free board development sessions – bespoke agendas will be co-designed with ICBs to meet the specific digital needs of the system and enable the ICB to reflect on how digital can support delivery of the core strategic purposes of the ICS
- peer learning events – our events will give system leaders the opportunity to hear from peers across health and care and other sectors, share best practice, explore the art of the possible and learn key factors for successful digital transformation
- resources and insight reports – our quarterly insight reports will share learning and emerging good practice from across the sector.
“The Digital ICS leaders workshop helped us align what we mean by digital and how it is an enabler for our broader priorities. It was pitched at just the right level for an audience of differing backgrounds and experiences and we are now discussing how we take this forward in a second session.”
Cedi Frederick, Chair, Kent and Medway ICB
Read our quarterly insight papers
- Supporting ICS leaders to harness the potential of the digital agenda – the emerging picture of delivering digital across ICSs
- From competition to collaboration – the power of digital as a lever
- Creating the right conditions for success – using the full range of levers to drive the digital agenda
- Eating the elephant – breaking down the system digital transformation challenge
Watch: Using digital to deliver population health management
Learn how Surrey Heartlands ICB is using digital tools and population health analytics to improve health and care outcomes.
22 March 2023 09:15 - 10:45 GMT
Reflections on the digital journey across Frimley ICS
How digital tools can enhance patient care and improve workforce experience without losing the compassion inherent in health and care.
Harnessing digital to deliver system ambitions
Matthew Taylor and Saffron Cordery explore how digital can help deliver the ambitions of integrated care systems (ICSs).
19 October 2022
Integrated care strategy, health and wellbeing board and joint forward plan guidance
A summary of DHSC and NHSE guidance on integrated care strategy development, HWBs and partnership working, and the joint forward plan.
17 January 2023