The Health and Care LGBTQ+ Leaders Network and Mental Health Network have published a series of recommendations for leaders, service designers and commissioners to adopt to better support the specific needs of the LGBTQ+ population and workforce.
Supporting the LGBTQ+ population through COVID-19 and beyond sets out six key recommendations:
- Create visible leadership and confident staff
- Create a strong knowledge base
- Be non-heteronormative and non-cisnormative in everything you do
- Take responsibility for collecting and reporting data
- Listen to your service users
- Proactively seek out partners to co-deliver services
These recommendations, and their supporting actions, have been collated into a short, easy-to-digest info-poster that can be shared across organisations.
The Health and Care LGBTQ+ Leaders Network will now be working with 11 pilot sites across the country to action these recommendations and create an implementation framework for other healthcare organisations to follow.