Health and care systems are having to work in new and different ways to meet the needs of their local populations. The Long Term Plan provides a ten-year year vision for how health and care systems will develop from STP footprints into Integrated Care Systems.
To support the move towards more integrated working across health and care, we have established a regional team to provide practical support to local systems and their leaders.
About the regional team
The regional team will work with system leaders to identify how best to support peer learning and spread good practice on integration. They will be facilitating regional discussions on system and place-based issues with sustainability and transformation partnership (STP) and integrated care system (ICS) leaders, programme directors, and members of STP/ICS partnership boards.
What will they do?
The regional team will provide access to learning and good practice, support relationships and leadership development, and create opportunities to influence national policy and thinking.
The focus of each network will be determined locally, but will:
- provide an independent forum to discuss challenges and opportunities facing local systems and help to disseminate learning and best practice
- promote joint working and integration between local authorities, NHS, clinicians and the voluntary sector, complementing and signposting to existing support from national bodies, peers and others
- facilitate a dialogue with national bodies about the key issues facing local systems and enable more co-production of national policy.
They will also provide a stronger and more direct link between members and the Confederation, acting as a conduit to transmit messages and concerns to national bodies.
There is no charge to individuals or organisations for taking part in the networks.
Who can take part?
The networks will bring together people from across roles and topics, including:
- STP/ICS programme directors
- STP/ICS leaders and chairs
- STP/ICS clinical leads
- NEDs, CCG lay members and local authority members
- Local authority senior officers
- Voluntary sector leaders
- STP/ICS partnership boards.
What regions do they cover?
There are seven regional networks covering the whole country. Each region is led by an NHS Confederation regional lead.
View the list of STPs and ICSs below to find your region and connect with your regional lead.
Find out more
For further information about the networks and the support they will provide, please contact the appropriate regional lead.