Our values help us to achieve our vision of a healthier population supported by high-quality health and care services that benefit everyone.
We are respectful
- We build respectful relationships based on trust, empathy and equality.
- We demonstrate trust, respect and fairness at all levels within our organisation and wider community.
- We create a respectful environment and culture for people to thrive in.
We are inclusive
- We are authentic as individuals and as an organisation.
- We are committed to being an inclusive and welcoming employer–we do this by having an inclusive and transparent interviewing processes.
- We recognise individual’s diversity of views and their values. And we listen with respect and acknowledge other opinions.
- We are an organisation that encourages different ideas, strengths, interests and experiences.
We are bold
- We speak honestly for our members and lead on their behalf.
- We encourage and support staff to feel confident in expressing themselves and having difficult conversations.
- We are ambitious, innovative and creative in what we do and how we do it.
We are collaborative
- We work together to achieve our goals.
- We are a diverse organisation with a diverse membership and recognise and value each other.
- We proactively seek opportunities to work with others to empower, enable and support the whole health system.
We act with integrity
- We recognise, value and appreciate difference.
- We create a culture of trust.
- We are proud of the work we do.
- We do what’s right, not what’s easy.
We expect all staff, members and colleagues who engage with the NHS Confederation to always share and demonstrate these values whilst interacting with, or on behalf of, the NHS Confederation. We are committed to ensuring that everyone who encounters the NHS Confederation experiences a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment, where everyone is respected and valued, and professional boundaries are upheld.
We do not tolerate any behaviour that goes against our values and may be deemed offensive, abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic or any other discriminatory or abusive behaviour. We will always call out, challenge, act on and, if necessary, report all unacceptable behaviour.