Bringing together the NHS, medical research, industry, patients and public health organisations, the Brexit Health Alliance aims to champion the interests of patients and the healthcare and research they rely on during the Brexit negotiations.
Join our parliamentary reception to consider how to safeguard the NHS as the UK leaves the EU.
- Hear the latest update from politicians and healthcare leaders about the state of play on Brexit, and the implications for patients and healthcare providers/commissioners.
- Hear what the Brexit Health Alliance is doing and what we’re asking for in order to safeguard patients.
- Meet with MPs and others who will have a say in the decision-making process.
- Access resources you can use to make the arguments to your local MPs and MEPs.
We are grateful to Dr Sarah Wollaston MP for hosting the event and for working tirelessly to raise the prominence of the NHS in Brexit negotiations. She will give a short speech, followed by brief remarks from alliance co-chairs Sir Hugh Taylor and Niall Dickson.
The Brexit Health Alliance focuses on the following five areas:
1. Supporting maximum levels of research and innovation collaboration.
2. Ensuring regulatory alignment for the benefit of patients and population health.
3. Preserving reciprocal healthcare arrangements.
4. Ensuring robust coordination mechanisms on public health and wellbeing.
5. Securing a strong funding commitment to the health and public health sectors.
RSVP to confirm your attendance.