The Health and Care LGBTQ+ Leaders Network and Mental Health Network have published a series of recommendations for leaders, service designers and commissioners to adopt to better support the specific needs of the LGBTQ+ population and workforce.
Supporting the LGBTQ+ population through COVID-19 and beyond sets out six key recommendations:
- Create visible leadership and confident staff
- Create a strong knowledge base
- Be non-heteronormative and non-cisnormative in everything you do
- Take responsibility for collecting and reporting data
- Listen to your service users
- Proactively seek out partners to co-deliver services
These recommendations, and their supporting actions, have been collated into a short, easy-to-digest info-poster that can be shared across organisations.
The Health and Care LGBTQ+ Leaders Network will now be working with 11 pilot sites across the country to action these recommendations and create an implementation framework for other healthcare organisations to follow.
Find the recommendations in full here.