Primary care networks (PCNs) are critical to the delivery of the NHS Long Term Plan.
Bringing together GP practices into networks with other primary care and community organisations, PCNs will enable more integrated provision of services to local populations. To support them, the NHS Confederation has established the PCN Network.
Through the PCN Network, we aim to:
- Be a strong national voice for PCNs across the system.
- Influence national policy and debate and ensure that expectations are informed by insights from PCNs.
- Promote the role of PCNs within the NHS Long Term Plan and their essential role, both now and in the medium term.
- Ensure PCNs have access to the information, advice and support they need to grow and fulfil their potential.
- Ensure that PCNs have influence within local health and care systems, through links with other NHS Confederation networks.
- Work with other partners and stakeholders to develop a vision of the possible for the future.
The NHS Confederation, which includes NHS Clinical Commissioners, is also working in partnership with the National Association of Primary Care, British Medical Association and the Royal College of General Practitioners to provide coordinated access to information, advice and support.
Access our latest publications
Join the network
Simply sign up online
to join the network. Keep informed of policy developments, have your views represented at the highest levels, influence national stakeholders and policymakers, and access support to meet your objectives.