We aim to support our members in improving the health of the population and the planning and delivery of high-quality health care.
Why we do it
Our vision is for the NHS in Wales to provide a continually improving comprehensive health service that is available to all and based on clinical need not an individual’s ability to pay.
How we do it
We work with our Members to be a driving force for positive change through;
- Providing administrative and infrastructure support to Executive Director Peer Groups as part of our NHS Leadership National Programme
- Giving corporate and executive support to Chairs, Vice Chairs and Chief Executives Peer Group meetings
- Building relationships and working in partnership with other organisations
- Implementing a Memorandum of Understanding with the Arts Council of Wales
- Engaging with Ministers, Members of the Senedd, key stakeholders and Government officials
- Responding to consultations, inquiries and reviews and appearing at or supporting Members to attend Senedd Committees
- Helping people understand the challenges facing the NHS in Wales and the need for change
- Sharing good practice from across Wales and the rest of the world
- Building relationships with the media and communication teams across the NHS in Wales
- Bringing together organisations with an interest in improving the health and wellbeing of the population through our Health and Wellbeing Alliance
- Organising and hosting events and meetings to bring key NHS Wales employees and stakeholders together
- Representing our Members at conferences, external events and key meetings
- Producing and publishing briefing documents and reports to help inform and shape debate
- Working with colleagues in the wider NHS Confederation to share learning, good practice and policy thinking
- Hosting NHS Wales Employers, who support the strategic agenda of the NHS in Wales from an NHS employers’ perspective.
Take a look at our Impact Report for 2022/23 below to find out how we've represented, connected and supported our members in the latest financial year.