Rory Deighton NHS Confederation
Dan Wellings The Kings Fund
Keymn Whervin National Voices
Helen Hassell National Voices and Nottingham and Nottinghamshire ICS
Marie Gabriel North East London ICS & Chair, NHS Race and Health Observatory
Frances Newell System Transformation Team, NHS England and Improvement
Hannah Davies Healthwatch Leeds
Many Integrated Care Systems face the ongoing challenge of translating their willingness and commitment to involve the public in service redesign, strategy setting and improving the personalisation of care into meaningful action. This webinar brings together those with skills, knowledge and experience of putting public involvement front and centre in delivering integrated care and offers an opportunity for attendees to ask challenging questions about topics like public accountability, meaningful coproduction, and amplifying the voice of those seldom heard.
- Effective resources to support the delivery of best practice in public involvement with ICSs, including the Kings Fund guidance on Understanding Integration: How to Listen to and learn from people and communities
- How the voice of people with lived experience can be meaningfully embedded in strategic development of ICSs, through direct interaction between senior NHS leaders, patients, and carers
- How public involvement is developing within Integrated Care Systems, considered from both the perspective of system partner delivering engagement, and a system leader harnessing the value of involving the public
- Where the voice of those who are seldom heard or marginalised is being effectively and purposefully heard in an influential way
The session is the latest in our Integration and Innovation in Action series, which highlights how our members and their partners are working together in new ways to address the major challenges facing the health and care system.
Who will I hear from?
- Dan Wellings – Senior Fellow, The Kings Fund
- Keymn Whervin – Lived Experience Manager, National Voices
- Helen Hassell, Parent Carer and Lived Experience Partner, National Voices and Nottingham and Nottinghamshire ICS
- Marie Gabriel, Independent Chair Designate, North East London ICS & Chair, NHS Race and Health Observatory
- Frances Newell, Head of Partnership Development, System Transformation Team, NHS England and Improvement
Delivered in partnership with The King's Fund.