When: Wednesday 19 and Thursday 20 June 2019
Time: 9.00 - 18.00 / 08.00 - 16.45 (Please note timings are subject to change).
Where: Manchester Central Convention Complex
Visit the NHS Confed Conference website.
The future starts here
The NHS Confederation’s annual conference and exhibition is a unique experience where health and social care leaders can face shared challenges, find practical solutions, expand their professional network and debate topical issues.
With the Brexit deal looming and announcement of the NHS Long term plan, on top of existing winter crisis pressures; now is an important time as any to take time out from your busy schedule to focus on the future, reflect on your challenges and hear from healthcare experts from across the UK and beyond. Confed19 provides that opportunity.
This year, our conference will focus on the future and this theme will be supported by our new conference strands. Through engaging workshops, keynote speeches, breakout sessions, seminars and panel discussions, the most senior leaders in health and social care will come together to address key challenges and take home practical solutions.
What is new for 2019?
Following delegate feedback from 2018, we have refreshed some popular event features and introduced new ones:
- Six conference strands themed on key health and social care priorities, that will deliver thought-provoking sessions and practical solutions to help you improve services, work more efficiently and save money.
- Alongside the popular ‘In conversation with’ and mental health zones, we are introducing new zones that will delve deeper into specific challenges affecting health and social care today.
- Back by popular demand, the “In conversation” zone – hosted by Channel 4 News health correspondent Victoria Macdonald – will return, featuring powerful interviews tackling the big issues in health. All interviews will take place during breaks in the main stage programme, so grab a coffee, a biscuit and a seat - and hear the views from some of the big players inside and outside the NHS.
- The improved Mental Health zone will host a number of seminars that will deep-dive into areas of focus for the mental health sector, such as supported housing, children and young people’s mental health and veteran mental health
- The new National Association of Primary Care (NAPC) Primary Care zone will deliver sessions throughout the two days of conference and will explore how to build collaboration with the focus on improving population health. it will also examine how our workforce should be built around the healthcare services needed for the local population, including a greater emphasis on team-based care. For only £149+VAT, primary care organisations can book onto Confed19 and have full access to the exhibition and this Primary Care zone.
- A new social calendar will give you even more opportunities to make new connections and develop existing relationships.
And as you would expect from Confed conference, you will hear renowned healthcare experts share insight and developments from the UK and beyond. Confirmed speakers include, Professor Eric Topol, NHS England chief executive Simon Stevens and Mayor of Greater Manchester Andy Burnham, chief executive of Health and Global Policy Institute in Tokyo, Ryoji Noritake, and Harvard University’s professor of public health David Williams. Visit our event website to find out more.
The future starts here at Confed19, don't miss your opportunity to shape it
Bookings for Confed19 are now closed.
With limited resources, tighter budgets and a requirement to keep up to date with the latest technology, our audience has never been more focused on finding new solutions, suppliers and partners. Last year over 1,650 senior health and care professionals chose conference as one of the few events in the year that warrants their time.
Supporter opportunities include:
- event partner
- speaking opportunities on the main stage and in breakout sessions
- branding and advertising.
For more information, please email email@example.com or register your interest and a member of our commercial team will contact you to discuss the options available for Confed19.
“Great opportunity to learn, reflect and network” - Executive director, NHS Trust, Acute
“This was my first attendance at the conference and it exceeded my expectations. Great speakers with a mixture of national and local focus in the breakout sessions. Networking opportunities and lots of learning to share" - Deputy Director, CCG, Commissioning
“NHS Confed18 was a great opportunity to connect with current context in a more meaningful way to debate issues with colleagues and to learn from others. Really broad content with great speakers” - Executive director, NHS Foundation trust, Acute
“A fantastic first contact with Confed which undoubtedly will be repeated” - Chair, CCG, Primary care