*Invitation only event*
This year we marked the health service’s 70th birthday and the NHS Confederation published a highly influential report by the Institute for Fiscal Studies and Health Foundation into the long-term sustainability of the NHS and social care. Shortly thereafter, the UK government announced additional funding for the health service and the healthcare sector greeted a new Secretary of State for Health and Social Care. In the coming month or two, we hope to see both the social care green paper and the NHS long term plan for England.
These developments are clearly significant but there is still a number of opportunities and challenges facing healthcare in the UK, including:
- how can the NHS make the best of its increased budget over the next five years?
- the impact of Brexit for both for the NHS and the pharmaceutical industry
- the real opportunities outlined for both the health service and industry, in the Life Sciences Industrial Strategy
- new technologies and their potential to transform the way services are delivered
- finding a sustainable solution for social care services.
Join us on 18 December in London to share your insights on these opportunities and challenges, and hear from parliamentarians and other high profile speakers.
Please RSVP before Friday 14 December 2018 and If you have any queries please contact Victoria Fowler (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Harriet Adams (HAdams@abpi.org.uk) who would be delighted to assist.
The NHS Confederation and the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry will be hosting the Christmas Parliamentary Reception. We are grateful to Derek Thomas MP, the member for St Ives and a member of the Health and Social Care Select Committee, for sponsoring the event.