31 / 05 / 2016
Just as prevention is at the heart of the Five Year Forward View, it is central to the vanguards. This publication looks at how five of the vanguards are getting serious about prevention.
- All Together Better Sunderland (multispecialty community provider – MCP)
- West Wakefield Health and Wellbeing (MCP)
- Sutton Homes of Care (enhanced health in care homes)
- Connecting Care – Wakefield District (enhanced health in care homes)
- Solihull Together for Better Lives (urgent and emergency care).
At this stage of the programme, what the vanguards are doing on prevention is very much emerging practice rather than evaluated practice. But given the ambition to deliver the Forward View vision at scale and pace, we hope that the case studies will prove to be a valuable resource for other organisations and partnerships developing new care models across the country.
The publication is the first in a series of two looking at developing new models of care. The second, due in June, will look at staff engagement and new models of care.
It forms part of a programme of work to spread the learning of the vanguard programme across the health and care sector. It is being jointly delivered by the NHS Confederation, NHs Clinical Commissioners, NHS Providers and the Local Government Association.