- A new updated Pay Progression Policy for NHS Wales was agreed by the Welsh Partnership Forum on 14 November 2019.
- The development and implementation of the policy was one of the elements agreed as part of the Framework Agreement on the Reform of Agenda for Change was approved at the extraordinary meeting of the Welsh Partnership Forum on 28 September 2018
- The approach taken was to set a high level facilitative policy with some common parameters but to allow individual NHS organisations and their managers the scope to implement as they see fit in line with local requirements for inclusion in individual appraisals/objectives.
- The arrangements were paused in March 2020 as a result of the COVID-19
pandemic and will be restarted from 1 October 2021.
- To allow managers and staff to have a full 12 months within which to put the
necessary processes in place for the policy to operate, managers will not be
required to open any pay steps in line with this policy until a full 12 months has
elapsed from the restarting of the pay progression policy and associated local
processes i.e., from 1 October 2022. Accordingly, individuals will automatically
be paid any pay steps which are reached prior to 30 September 2022.
- A series of FAQs are set out below to support managers in relation to the implementation of the policy.
Bringing communities to the centre of decision-making
A Leadership Framework - Healthcare Inequalities Improvement masterclass in appreciative inquiry and co-production.
28 June 2022 08:30 - 11:00 BST
Long COVID - Post virus sickness absence – Health & Wellbeing and rehabilitation support
Long COVID - Post virus sickness absence – Health & Wellbeing and rehabilitation support. Revised 4/1/22
1 April 2022
COVID sickness absence - transition from enhanced provisions to application of regular sickness absence arrangements
COVID sickness absence - transition from enhanced provisions to application of regular sickness absence arrangements. Revised 1/4/22.
1 April 2022