How can the NHS foster an environment that welcomes more people from diverse backgrounds into senior positions? What is it like to reach a senior position in the NHS as a person from a black and minority ethnic (BME) background?
The Mental Health Network's latest podcast tackles the questions head on as an expert panel shares candid views and personal perspectives on BME leadership in the mental health sector.
This is a two-part series led by Marie Gabriel CBE, Chair, North East London NHS Foundation Trust.
Episode one features:
- Florence B Acquah, Adult Safeguarding Lead Nurse, London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust
- Lorraine Sunduza, Chief Nurse, East London NHS Foundation Trust
- Gilly Lee, Advanced Nurse Practitioner - Professional Lead Active Case Management, Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership
Episode two features:
- Ifti Majid, Chief Executive, Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Wayne Farah, Vice Chair Newham CCG
- Yvonne Coghill CBE, Director, Workplace Race Equality Standard