Raising concerns or making a complaint about our services or actions taken by NHS Confederation.
London Skyline

If you have a concern or wish to make a complaint about the service or actions taken by NHS Confederation, then in the first instance we advise you to contact the individual you were dealing with for a prompt and informal resolution. 

We also encourage open dialogue where we listen and respond to complaints and concerns effectively to understand how we can better improve the services we offer. If you are not able to resolve the issue informally then you may wish to read our Complaints Policy.

Please note, NHS Confederation does not manage complaints for another organisation.  Please see about us to understand our role and remit.

  • If you wish to complain about care you have received from the NHS please visit How to complain to the NHS - NHS ( 
  • If you are a staff member within the NHS and your complaint concerns actions within that Trust or about your employment, please refer to your own organisation’s complaints and grievance processes, contact your own HR team or freedom to speak up guardian.  
  • If you have witnessed poor care then you can report this to the Care Quality Commission.  If you are an NHS member of staff, you may also want to refer to your own organisation’s whistleblowing policy.
  • If you wish to raise a concern about NHS wide policy or action please contact NHS EnglandNHS Wales or Health and Social Care Services (Northern Ireland)

Unsure? Then please contact us and will be happy to help direct you to the right organisation.

Contact us Arrow pointing right