This event offers insight into the outcomes and lessons from the vanguards, and considers how they can inform broader transformation.
As the health and care system continues on the journey to accountable care, there are valuable lessons to be learned from the 50 vanguard sites that have been developing and delivering new models of care over the last two years.
The national new care models programme has centred on developing new ways to improve care for patients and address the three major challenges highlighted in the NHS Five year forward view: the health and wellbeing gap, the care and quality gap, and the funding and efficiency gap. The vanguards’ experiences provide important lessons for sustainability and transformation partnerships (STPs) and accountable care systems.
The NHS Confederation, NHS Clinical Commissioners, NHS Providers and the Local Government Association are delivering a joint programme to spread the learning from the new care models across the health and care sector.
As part of this, we are delighted to invite you to an event which will offer insight into the outcomes and lessons from the vanguards, and consider how they can contribute to the journey to accountable care.
The programme includes:
- A showcase of projects, lessons and outcomes from a range of vanguards
- Insight into the next steps for new care models in the context of STPs and accountable care systems
- What STPs and accountable care systems can learn from the challenges experienced by the vanguards
- Effective leadership to achieve transformation across complex, system-level health and care systems.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Cllr Izzi Seccombe, leader, Warwickshire County Council
- Michael Macdonnell, national director, Transforming Health Systems at NHS England
- Nick Hulme, Suffolk and North East Essex STP lead
- Warren Heppolette, executive lead for strategy & system development, Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership
- Louise Watson, New Care Models programme director, NHS England.
There is likely to be high demand for this event, therefore spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis, and we will seek to ensure representation from across NHS trusts, CCGs and local government. Please note that we can only accept one delegate per organisation.
To register for this is event please email email@example.com
This event is being delivered in partnership by the following organisations: