Flexible – Leeds, London, or Home Based (there will be a requirement to be in our London office approximately once a month). Currently Home Based due to COVID 19
Fixed term contract to the end of March 2022, full time 36.5 hours per week (part time hours considered
Grade D, £27,045 (FTE)
We would love to hear from you if you:
- are an excellent communicator and effective partnership builder, able to develop good working relationships with senior stakeholders and understand a range of issues within the health and care sector.
- are a skilled project co-ordinator, able to manage conflicting demands and demonstrate a keen eye for detail.
- have a calm and flexible approach, with an ability to work under pressure and use your initiative to solve problems as and when they arise.
About the role
Our Integrated Care System (ICS) Network is expanding its offer to members with a number of new products that aim to support ICSs to connect and share best practice.
As Senior Engagement Officer you will be responsible for co-ordinating key parts of the ICS Network offer, in particular helping to establish and co-ordinate some of the new member forums (e.g. Finance Forum, Communications and Engagement Forum), and co-ordinate the new ‘Spotlight’ programme which will bring ICS leaders together on a monthly basis to discuss common interests and challenges (e.g. ICS governance, digitally enabled care).
You will also co-ordinate our new ‘Integration in action’ series, bringing together members to discuss examples of innovation under key topics (e.g. elective recovery, population health management, mental health).
With excellent project co-ordination skills and an ability to manage multiple priorities and conflicting demands, you will have a strong attention to detail. Demonstrating a calm, flexible and professional approach, and ensuring that forum meetings and Spotlight sessions are planned effectively and run smoothly on the day.
The role will involve regular engagement with senior ICS leaders and key external stakeholders, and you will be expected to demonstrate excellent communication and relationship management skills.
We are looking for someone who feels confident liaising with senior stakeholders on a range of issues and who can support the effective delivery of engagement activities, ensuring the effective co-ordination of meetings/events, production of reports, web-based materials and key documentation.
You will work as part of a small and busy team mainly based at our office in central London. Reporting to the Assistant Director for the ICS Network you will work closely with all members of the team as well as the wider organisation, in particular members of our policy, comms and regional engagement teams and member networks.
To be successful, you will need to demonstrate a ‘hands on’ approach and flexibility to pick up additional responsibilities as required by the team and in response to member priorities.
- Co-ordinating a number of ICS Network forums, including meeting co-ordination, forward planning and agenda development
- Working with key internal and external partners on content development, engaging with ICS members and forum Chairs on topics to be covered
- Liaising with relevant partners/external stakeholders to ensure relevant and timely input to forum meetings
- Supporting follow up actions from forum meetings, including drafting relevant communications materials and member products
- Adopting a member-focused approach which supports delivery of well planned and high quality forum meetings, targeted to meet the needs of forum members and support sharing between ICSs and with relevant partners
- Co-ordinating the new ‘Spotlight’ series, providing a safe space for ICSs to learn from each other (and other expert partners) on key issues that will affect them.
- Working with ICS members and internal partners on content development, supporting the creation of a forward plan for the Spotlight series with the aim of one session to be delivered per month throughout 2021/22
- Liaising with our policy leads, ICS members and other external partners to develop a compelling ‘offer’ for each Spotlight session, clearly targeted at ICS members
- Supporting follow up actions from Spotlight sessions, including writing up
Integration in action series
- Co-ordinating the new ‘Integration in Action’ series, leading work across our organisation (including with all of our member networks, England, Wales and NI Offices) to bring members together to develop shared solutions on particular themes o Working with the Director of Communications and series SRO to ensure that the work is effectively project managed, liaising with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure clear communication across the project team
ICS Network development
- Contributing to the development of a high-performing ICS Network team o Supporting further development of the ICS Network offer, including identifying opportunities for new member products and support.
- A confident communicator with experience of building excellent relationships at all levels
- Excellent project co-ordination skills
- Skills in member communications, engagement and/or marketing
- Experience of producing a range of written communication materials such as meeting notes and member briefings
- Experience of working independently and effective problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to plan, prioritise and manage own workload.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to effectively summarise information
- Some working understanding of the health sector
- An interest in understanding more about the new NHS architecture and innovation in health and care
- Willingness to be flexible and to contribute in a variety of practical, hands-on and creative ways to progress the ICS Network
- Strong IT skills (particularly Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Experience of working in a member organisation
- Familiarity with digital communication methods and member engagement tools, e.g. ebulletins, social media and websites
- Project management qualifications or equivalent
- Event management experience
- Experience of working in or for the health sector
Health and Safety At Work Act
You will be required to take reasonable care for the safety and health of yourself and others who may be affected by their acts and to promote/ maintain health and safety measures.
Complete the application form and tell us why you are applying for this role.
Our application guide will help you make the most of your application.
Please note we do not accept CVs. If you require the application form in another format please contact us.
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like an informal discussion about the role before applying, please email Sarah Walter – Assistant Director, ICS Network.
Application deadline: 14th June 2021
Interviews will be held virtually, the recruiting manager will call shortlisted candidates prior to the interview to discuss the role and the assessment process.
All applications must be received by 5.30pm on the day of the closing date unless specified. If your application is late, for whatever reason, there is no guarantee that we will be able to consider it.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each applicant in person. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date, your application has not been successful.
Learn more about working with us
We want our people to feel great about coming to work and give them every reason to go the extra mile. That’s why we offer all these great benefits.
Be yourself, whoever you are
Diversity and inclusion in the workplace is an essential part of our culture
Job application privacy notice
This statement explains how we handle and use the personal data we collect during the application process.
Recruitment guide for applicants
Our recruitment guide will help you make the most of your application.