Leeds/London or home based
Full time, Permanent
£28,045 plus London Weighting - if applicable.
About the role
As a senior digital content officer, you will:
- support the development and day-to-day management of the NHS Confederation and NHS Employers websites, content and digital channels
- create, edit and manage engaging digital content for a range of audiences and work cross channel to deliver campaigns
- manage digital projects and enhance user experience, content performance and extend our reach.
- produce engaging interactive solutions and create branded assets to help promote products, services and campaigns
- support the development and implementation of a new social media strategy
- provide training, support and advice on the best way of presenting content across varied digital channels, and will run regular forums to help upskill staff and share best practice.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Solid experience of working on a medium to large-scale website using a content management system (CMS), and experience of supporting and training staff on enterprise-level CMSs.
- Strong experience of writing, editing and managing content for digital channels and working on cross-channel digital campaigns.
- Experience of using data and analytics to improve user experience
- Experience of managing digital projects and working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven publishing/ communications environment.
- Solid experience of social media management, technologies and platforms.
The NHS Confederation is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for our staff. A place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of inclusive employment policies including family friendly policies and flexible working and we have range of channels to support staff from different backgrounds including our staff networks and a staff forum.
The NHS Confederation is committed to being a flexible employer. We understand the value and benefit to our employees being able to work flexibly and our agile working principles are designed to empower our people to work with optimal flexibility and minimal constraints to support a work life balance and take care of employee health and wellbeing.
You will receive an excellent benefits package, including 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice schemes and travel season ticket loans.
Digital channels development and maintenance
- Responding to digital queries ensuring issues are dealt with quickly and efficiently and excellent customer service provided.
- Project managing key areas of work, implement improvements and introduce new functionality across the organisation.
- Researching and making recommendations for improvements to ensure digital communications deliver excellent user experience.
- Providing data on our online performance using Google Analytics and other reporting tools, enabling staff to see how the website is performing and where improvements can be made. Using data to understand audiences.
- Managing projects and relationships with external agencies and suppliers – ensuring efficiency and value for money and that quality standards and deadlines are met.
Content generation and asset creation
- Creating, editing and managing website content, ensuring that it meets users’ needs and is clear, easy to find, accessible and adheres to best practice guidelines.
- Maintaining sections of the website, ensuring they are up to date, that content is optimised and organised to meet users’ needs.
- Creating branded assets for social media and other digital channels, ensuring consistency across our visual outputs and conforming with accessibility standards.
- Developing e-marketing templates in line with best practice.
- Supporting the development and implementation of a new social media strategy, working alongside the digital communications manager and head of content.
- Supporting others to manage the range of corporate NHS Confederation and NHS Employers social media accounts.
- Developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation tools, such as Emplifi, to measure the impact and effectiveness of our social media channels,
- Implementing social media advertising strategies to extend our reach and engage new audiences.
- Training and supporting website content contributors, advising on best practice and ensuring consistent standards across all Confederation websites.
- Training and supporting social media editors, advising on best practice and advancing skills and confidence.
- Leading on our newly created social media groups.
- Experience of working on a medium to large-scale website, using a content management system.
- Experience of writing, editing and managing content for digital channels and cross-channel campaigns.
- Experience of supporting and training staff on enterprise-level content management systems and in social media management.
- Experience of managing digital projects.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven publishing/ communications environment.
- Experience of working with web coding, including HTML, XML and PHP.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of using Photoshop, InDesign, social media management tools and content management systems.
- Excellent technical knowledge of digital communications.
- Good understanding of accessibility guidelines.
- Good understanding of the latest digital technologies, tools and trends, including digital publishing.
- Being at the forefront of social media technologies, platforms and trends.
- Good understanding of IA, UX, SEO and PPC.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent prioritisation skills and flexibility, able to reorganise and reprioritise work at short notice.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Proven problem-solving skills – ability to find solutions and seek support from colleagues.
- Experience working within a house style.
- Knowledge of the healthcare sector and current issues.
- Usability testing and user research.
- UX writing.
Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com
For an informal discussion about the post and the NHS Confederation before applying please contact Claire Tully
Application deadline: 24 November 2021, 11.59pm
Interview date: 7 December