30 / 09 / 2020
In just seven months, the health and care sector has been plunged into a global pandemic – turning the way frontline staff deliver care on its head and testing the sector’s ability to work in new and unchartered territory.
The initial challenges of providing PPE, delivering socially-distanced care and rolling out test and trace were only the start of a much longer journey for how the NHS and social care are overcoming hurdles to control the spread of infection, protect the public and ultimately, save lives.
As part of our NHS Reset campaign, on 29 September we convened an expert panel featuring:
- Dr Farzana Hussain, GP, PCN clinical director and co-chair of the NHS Confederation’s PCN Network
- Julia Ross, chief executive at Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire CCG and joint lead of Healthier Together STP
- Rt Hon Paul Burstow, Independent Chair at Hertfordshire and West Essex STP and Chair of the independent charity The Social Care Institute for Excellence
- Donna Hall CBE, chair of the New Local Government Network and Chair of Bolton NHS Foundation Trust
During the course of the webinar, they discussed:
- a new relationship with people and communities
- regulation and governance in a new NHS order
- the impact and solutions to tackling health inequalities
- challenges for the workforce and the future of system working
- greater integration between services.
Rewatch the webinar below