26 / 06 / 2020
The Brexit Health Alliance (BHA) has produced an infographic charting what a future relationship with the EU could look like, to help manage another coronavirus.
The infographic highlights potential agreements in a number of health-related areas:
- Mutual recognition of regulatory standards for medicines and medical supplies such as personal protective equipment and ventilators, so that supplies reach patients and staff as fast as possible.
- Exchange of data and alerts on upcoming health threats between the UK and EU, for maximum preparedness.
- Minimum customs and tariff barriers on importing and exporting medicines and medical equipment.
- UK and EU citizens’ right to cross-border healthcare and benefits, to minimise staff shortages and relieve pressure on health and care sector.
- Rapid authorisation systems for the supply and marketing of drugs and vaccines.
- Collaboration in research and testing of new drugs and vaccines, sharing expertise and data.
Download the infographic.
The infographic is published alongside a new briefing from the BHA: Pandemic Ready? How Post-Brexit Negotiations Could Affect our Ability to Manage Another Coronavirus.
The briefing highlights how the outcome of the EU-UK future relationship negotiations could affect the UK’s ability to manage another pandemic, and calls for several specific measures to protect public health and wellbeing across the UK and the EU,
Download the briefing.