Queen's Speech December 2019: briefing
20 / 12 / 2019
A briefing on the legislation announced in the December 2019 Queen's Speech of note to the NHS.
- Commitment to enshrine the NHS multi-year funding settlement into law through an NHS Funding Bill.
- An ambitious programme of domestic reform that will deliver on the people’s priorities through a NHS Long Term Plan Bill.
- Commitment to seeking a cross-party long term reform for social care so that everyone has the dignity they deserve and nobody who needs care has to sell their home.
- Reform of the Mental Health Act.
- Introduction of a new points-based system for immigration, including introducing a new fast-track NHS Visa to attract the best healthcare professionals from around the world via the Immigration and Social Security Coordination (EU Withdrawal) Bill.
- Commitment for the Health Services Investigations Bill.
- Introduction of a bill on medicine and medical devices that will ensure that NHS and patients can have faster access to innovative medicines, while supporting the growth of our domestic sector.