15 / 10 / 2019
A briefing on the legislation announced in the Queen's Speech of note to the NHS.
As expected, the government committed to bring forward draft legislation to support the implementation of the NHS Long Term Plan.
- The government reiterated its intention to bring forward proposals to reform adult social care.
- The government committed to introduce the draft Health Service Safety Investigations Bill to parliament.
- The government committed to put a bill on medicines and medical devices to parliament.
- The government stated that it would work to reform the Mental Health Act.
- The government committed to reintroduce the European Withdrawal Bill, pending negotiations with the EU.
- The government outlined its aim to introduce an immigration bill to parliament intended to end free movement.
The government committed to developing a white paper setting out how greater devolution of decision making might take place.
- The government will create an independent regulator to scrutinise environmental policy and law, investigate complaints and take enforcement action.
Download the briefing to find out more.