22 / 10 / 2019
Delivering for community services provides an update on the Community Network and the impact it has had since it was launched by the NHS Confederation and NHS Providers, as well as its plans for the future.
The Community Network is the national voice for NHS community services in England.
Established in May 2018, we bring together NHS and not-for-profit organisations providing NHS community health services. We work to understand the range of challenges and perspectives facing community services providers.
Our aims are to:
- be a strong and unified national voice for community services
- be the go-to commentator and point of contact for the issues that matter for community services
- promote the role of community services within the NHS Long Term Plan and integrated health and care systems
- influence national policy and debate about the role of community services in system transformation and support the delivery of high quality community services for patients and communities
- ensure the full range of community service providers feel they equally own and are part of the debate on primary care, population health and prevention, and social care.
This report focuses on the work the of the Community Network since its foundation in raising the profile of community services and influencing on their behalf.