25 / 02 / 2016
Aimed at health and care staff, patients and the public,these factsheets explore the five models of care the vanguards are grouped under:
- Acute care collaboration vanguard sites – linking local hospitals together to improve their clinical and financial viability.
- Urgent and emergency care – new approaches to improve the coordination of services and reduce pressure on A&E departments.
- Enhanced health in care homes – offering older people better, joined up health, care and rehabilitation services.
- Multi-specialty community providers – moving specialist care out of hospitals into the community.
- Integrated primary and acute care systems – joining up GP, hospital, community and mental health services.