06 / 03 / 2013
The NHS faces an unprecedented financial dilemma: the supply of funding is struggling to match the growing rate of demand for healthcare.
This factsheet looks at how NHS expenditure compares with other health systems abroad and examines how other countries are adapting to the financial constraints placed upon their health systems.
This factsheet covers:
- the percentage of national income devoted to healthcare across different systems and the proportions delivered by public and private expenditure
- value for money comparisons
- how different countries focus their health resources
- variations in management costs
- the ways in which different countries are making the tough choices required in the current economic climate.