Date: Thursday 12 May 2016
Time: 9.30am - 5.00pm
Where: The Mermaid conference and events centre
Address: Blackfriars, London, EC4V 3DB
Map: The Mermaid location
This conference will take place at The Mermaid, Blackfriars in central London on Thursday 12 May. The new care models programme has been working with the NHS European Office to help vanguards and integrated care pioneers explore innovative models of health and care integration that could help local health communities dissolve the traditional boundaries between primary, community, and hospital services and move towards a more integrated, patient-centred and sustainable delivery of care.
Over the last year, vanguards and pioneers have had the opportunity to see first-hand how these care models work and learn from our international colleagues in order to assess how we could adapt these models locally and replicate some of their successes here.
Aims of this conference
This conference will follow up on this learning and give delegates the opportunity to:
- develop their plans for adapting these models with detailed insight and advice directly from the European and international leads
- learn how colleagues in other vanguards and pioneers intend to implement aspects of these models locally
- discuss with international and national leaders how we overcome the common challenges facing health and care integration and what elements all successful care models share.
Models being explored
The models that are being explored are:
- Alzira in Spain
- Jonkoping in Sweden
- Buurtzorg in The Netherlands
- Gesundes Kinzigtal in Germany
- Medicaid in New York State
Find out more about these models at www.nhsconfed.org/eumodelsofcare
Programme - session details
To view the sessions we will be running in both the morning and afternoon of the event please click here.
How to book your place
The conference is intended for vanguard and pioneer colleagues leading on local transformation plans. The event is free, but spaces are limited so register early.
To secure your place at this event please complete the online booking form.
If you have any queries about the event or your event booking, please contact a member of our events team.
Event contact details
0844 800 5987