The core project deliverables include:
- establish a credible and representative employer leadership voice on workforce issues via the establishment of a reference group, by Autumn 2015. The group will take account of and seek to influence the work of related national groups whose remit extends to mental health services.
- identify and map out issues in collaboration with Mental Health Network members, the national workforce reference group, service users and carers by January 2016.
- gather best practice and form recommendations to address current workforce issues including recommendations for action by Spring 2016.
- demonstrate how the recommendations are aligned with the national policy context, new organisational structure.
- publish a report or briefing to summarise the issues and recommendations from MHN members / NHS Employers by Summer 2016.
- formally launch the report in Summer 2016.
- follow up work on recommendations, adopt and spread good practice by Winter 2016.
- publish case studies and learning points from follow up stage in Spring 2017.
Timescales for delivery may be altered once the core team is established.