The team at Allocate helps NHS organisations to make the most of their workforce resources, ensure services are safe for patients, ensure working conditions are good for staff and inefficiency is avoided.
We have the privilege of delivering workforce solutions such as HealthRoster Optima and HealthMedics Optima to over 200 NHS organisations, and more than 300,000 nurses, doctors and others use our applications to organise their working lives.
In a recent 90-day workforce improvement programme, 18 NHS customers unlocked immediate savings by focusing on a few of our workforce metrics. Over the course of 2017, these savings will equate to £32m of avoided cost. Doing this while supporting safe staffing and staff morale is what really motivates us.
We are proud of our NHS customers and it is exciting to see the health organisations we work with globally, looking to our NHS customers to help shape their plans for workforce optimisation software.
How we do it
We stay focused on helping our customers to use our software to get maximum efficiency. Practically, this means:
- supporting roster managers, ward managers, medical staffing teams and others to make small changes
- providing expertise and unbiased reporting to boards so they have clarity on where they can make improvements
- supporting organisations as they extend solutions through different staff groups and to meet emerging needs from new models of care and workforce models.
The benefits of being an associate
The Confed associate programme supports us in so many ways. We value the networking and events but we also value being able to access the expertise and knowledge in the wider Confed team.
Representing so many different aspects of healthcare delivery, from commissioning to provision, is hugely valuable to us. As an associate, the senior team at Confed have always taken a genuine interest in our organisation and in our ambitions and values. We share a common goal - we are here for the better good of the NHS.
A brief history - The NHS and Allocate Software
When we started working with the NHS just over 12 years ago, our challenge was very different. It was mostly NHS trusts using paper-based rosters. The motivation to electronically roster was about unlocking payroll costs and improving payroll accuracy, by linking rosters to Electronic Staff Records. Since then we have constantly innovated to meet the changing needs of the healthcare workforce.
- We were the first to create integrated bank software with rostering so organisations could see permanent and temporary staff in one place.
- We were the first to create patient acuity based rostering both for both planning and just in time changes.
- We are still the only people to link junior doctor rotas, job planning for medics with leave management, medic rostering and multi-disciplinary team activity based scheduling.
- We are now the first to link individual bank office software via our new solution called CloudStaff allowing our customers to create regional nurse and locum banks for sustainability and transformation plans and clusters.
A meaningful relationship
We have been associated with the NHS Confederation for well over a decade.
Making the most of your workforce resources requires strong and committed leadership from the most senior levels. Where we see this leadership, the results are phenomenal. We support Confed to help share this message with leaders and we share our expertise with fellow members in any way we can.
We know the Confed recognises our expertise in workforce and understand how passionate we are about the service we deliver to our customers; this means we get a meaningful relationship, rather than a transactional one.
For more information about Allocate Software visit their website.