Leeds or Agile working
Permanent, Full time
£20,725- £22,475 depending on experience
In this role, you will
- With the support of the Head of Commercial and wider commercial team, you will support the Commercial team to build and develop long-term relationships, which generate significant income annually for the NHS Confederation.
- This will include preparing contracts, supporting the delivery of contracts and managing some sales of sponsorship and exhibitions.
- Work on the delivery of the operational aspects of our national exhibitions, liaising with clients, venues, and contractors.
- Work provide support to the Head of Industry Engagement and Policy to prepare commercial proposals, research potential new partners and manage the delivery of events.
- You will co-ordinate the promotion and sales of the Associate programme, working closely with our Marketing team. The Associates programme is a membership scheme for commercial organisations who work with the NHS. The programme offers those organisations a wide range of exclusive benefits and access to specific member events.
- Your responsibilities will include attracting new members, sending regular communications, attending events, and ensuring that we continue to offer our Associates value for money.
There is opportunity for development and future progression into both the partnerships/account management, business development and events management areas of the team function.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- are confident, creative and communicate well with a range of stakeholders.
- have experience of working in event sales ideally including exhibition and sponsorship sales, with a solid track record of achievement.
- enjoy being part of a passionate and successful team
- have proven experience of good account management and can build good working relationships across the organisation, with external clients and with contractors.
- have strong project management skills and the ability to work under pressure to deliver complex, high profile events to a very high standard.
- have an understanding of delivering commercial activity as part of virtual events
- can prioritise tasks while working on a series of exhibitions at the same time.
The NHS Confederation is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for our staff. A place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of inclusive employment policies including family friendly policies and flexible working and we have range of channels to support staff from different backgrounds including our staff networks and a staff forum.
The NHS Confederation is committed to being a flexible employer. We understand the value and benefit to our employees being able to work flexibly and our agile working principles are designed to empower our people to work with optimal flexibility and minimal constraints to support a work life balance and take care of employee health and wellbeing.
You will receive an excellent benefits package, including 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice schemes and travel season ticket loans.
- Research, identify and generate sales leads for a portfolio of events, activities to support our commercial strategy, support with promoting commercial partnership opportunities on site at our events we hold across the UK
- Draft contracts for sponsorship and exhibition packages and manage invoicing with our finance team; support the delivery of commercial income targets and provide regular progress updates to the team in weekly sales meetings
- Support the development of proposals for new commercial partners and the delivery of activities related to this, including background research to support the development of policy briefings and other content to engage commercial partners
- Support with the day-to-day running of the NHS Confederation associate membership accounts while onboarding and maintaining relationships with any new associate members
- Respond to inbound enquiries for the NHS Confederation’s flagship event, ConfedExpo, and manage appropriate level exhibition sales for it and other events as directed.
- Ensure that all health and safety regulations are adhered to ensure the safety and health of all involved and to protect the organisation from adverse litigation.
- Manage inbound sales of the multilingual phrasebook end to end, and, support the team to explore opportunities to develop the phrasebook further for different audiences.
- Keep up to-date with the NHS Confederation networks activity and events for the associate newsletter.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The post-holder will have extensive experience of working in event sales ideally including exhibition and sponsorship sales, with a solid track record of achievement. Good account management and interpersonal skills are essential to build good working relationships across the organisation, with external clients and with contractors.
An understanding of delivering virtual events is highly desirable.
Strong project management skills and the ability to work under pressure are needed to deliver complex, high profile events to a very high standard.
The post-holder will need to prioritise tasks while working on a series of exhibitions at the same time.
- Account management
- Experience working in a sales environment
- Responsibility for major logistics projects
- Managing relationships with external contractors
- On-site delivery of an events
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements for an exhibition
- Excellent written skills
- Proficient in MS office
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Events management
- Venue liaison
- Delivery of virtual events / exhibitions
- Knowledge of the Health and Care Sector
- Project management skills
Complete the application form.
Please note we do not accept CVs. If you require the application form in another format please contact us.
Completed application forms should be emailed to job applications.
If you wish to discuss the post before applying, then please contact Ross Edwards, 07703 133053
Application deadline: 29th October 2021
Interview date: tbc
All applications must be received by 11.59pm on the day of the closing date unless specified. If your application is late, for whatever reason, there is no guarantee that we will be able to consider it.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each applicant in person. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within three week of the closing date, your application has not been successful.