Job title: Senior Policy Advisor - Population Health
Location: Flexible, with travel to London expected (Currently home based due to COVID-19)
Role: Permanent, full time 36.5 hours per week
Salary: Grade B, £48,270 (FTE) plus £4,000 London weighting if applicable
- Are you fascinated by how the NHS works, and pay great attention to current affairs?
- Are you excited by the intersection of healthcare, public health and social care?
- Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment?
- If you are ready for a new challenge, please keep reading…
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have a good working knowledge of NHS and wider health and care policy.
- You have excellent policy analysis skills that cut through complexity to provide insight – and a passion for communicating your analysis in clear and engaging ways.
- You have experience in in at least one of: health inequalities, public health, community health, social care (and have a strong interest in the others).
- You enjoy working collaboratively, both internally and with partner organisations.
- You are responsive and agile and enjoy applying your expertise in a rapidly changing environment.
About the role
The NHS Confederation seeks a talented Senior Policy Advisor to join our Strategic Policy Team. You will provide expert policy analysis and advice, engage with key partners and networks at a national level, and communicate and influence on population health domains including health inequalities, public health, community health and social care to help ensure our members’ needs are well represented in policy and legislation.
We can offer a level of flexibility regarding where you work. You will be required to spend part of your time at our London office, but we can accommodate flexible work locations.
Come and work at the cutting edge of NHS policy, as part of a friendly and dedicated team who always go the extra mile.
The NHS Confederation is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for our staff. A place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of inclusive employment policies including family friendly policies and flexible working and we have range of channels to support staff from different backgrounds including our staff networks and a staff forum.
The NHS Confederation is committed to being a flexible employer. We understand the value and benefit to our employees being able to work flexibly to respond to changing circumstances and we want to ensure we do as much as possible to help support a work life balance and take care of employee health and wellbeing.
You will receive an excellent benefits package, including 30 days annual leave, pension scheme, flexible working, salary sacrifice schemes and travel season ticket loans.
Please download the job description and complete the application form. Please note we do not accept CVs. If you require the application form in another format please contact email@example.com
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion about the post and the NHS Confederation before applying please contact Layla.McCay@nhsconfed.org
Application deadline: 16th May (midnight)
Interview dates: 1st and 2nd June