Job title: Senior Policy Adviser- NHS Finances
Location: Flexible, with travel to London expected (Currently home based due to COVID-19)
Role: Permanent, full-time – flexible working considered
Salary: Grade B, £48,270 up to £51,395, plus £4,000 London weighting if applicable
- Are you ready to influence at a national level with policy makers, stakeholders and more?
- Do you have experience of engagement and managing relationships with senior stakeholders?
- Are you interested in NHS funding?
The NHS Confederation seeks an experienced policy professional to lead our financial and public spending policy work with members. You will need to be able to work in an agile, analytical and confident way when building senior stakeholder relationships, as well as working across the organisation, to share your expertise and thinking, and to support diverse members, from NHS Trusts, to system ICS leaders.
You will be –
- Dealing with experts, leading on finance, across our member constituencies
- Designing, leading and delivering a NHS Finances programme of policy and influencing work
- Representing the organisation and our members, influencing public expenditure on health and care
- Support members and develop expertise and key insights on the evolution of the system finance architecture with the roll out of Integrated Care Systems (ICS’) across England
- Working in a collaborative way with other policy leads, external affairs and communication colleagues and member networks
Come and work in a critical role, at the cutting edge of NHS reform and in influencing the capacity we have as a health service going forward, recovering from a pandemic whilst delivering the transformation set out in the long term plan and the forthcoming NHS Bill.
We would love to hear from you if you :
- Are you able to drive forward your own work and vision, whilst bringing people with you
- Are experienced in thought leadership – analysing issues and identifying solutions
- Enjoy writing clear, compelling, insightful policy narratives
- Have knowledge of health policy and public expenditure
- Are passionate about supporting the NHS (our members) to function better as a well-funded, integrated system
- Can work at pace, and are in managing differing priorities, and responding to changing demands
The NHS Confederation is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for our staff. A place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of inclusive employment policies including family friendly policies and flexible working and we have range of channels to support staff from different backgrounds including our staff networks and a staff forum.
The NHS Confederation is committed to being a flexible employer. We understand the value and benefit to our employees being able to work flexibly to respond to changing circumstances and we want to ensure we do as much as possible to help support a work life balance and take care of employee health and wellbeing.
You will receive an excellent benefits package, including 30 days annual leave, pension scheme, flexible working, salary sacrifice schemes and travel season ticket loans.
Please download the job description and complete the application form. Please note we do not accept CVs. If you require the application form in another format, please contact email@example.com
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion about the post and the NHS Confederation before applying please contact email@example.com
Application deadline: Monday 1st March (midnight)
Interview date: 10th and 11th March