Job title: Senior Engagement Officer
Location: London/Leeds/home based
Role: Permanent (Full time, 36.5 hours per week)
Salary: £27,045 plus £4,000 London weighting allowance if applicable
We would love to hear from you if:
- you understand the value of relationships and how they support transformation and change through enabling the flow of information and access to qualitative data
- you have worked with professional customers and clients across large geographic areas and can communicate effectively face to face, online and in writing
- each day is a new challenge, and you thrive on a variety of work and are not fazed going into new environments and meeting new people
- you have a creative mind that likes to investigate new ways of working, responsive to the unique needs of different people
- beyond work you like to keep informed, pay attention to current affairs and have a genuine interest in what’s going on in the worl
You may be ambitious and see this as an opportunity to progress in your career and we will be able to provide learning and development opportunities, or you may be looking for a fresh work challenge with plenty of new people to meet and work with, and that will be core to this role.
We welcome applications from those who are in different sectors but have transferrable skills to bring to the role.
Working as part of the PCN Network Team, the post holder will be responsible for:
- Supporting the emerging PCNs - leading and supporting effective stakeholder engagement and supporting the coordination and project management of the delivery of network meetings.
- Regional engagement – liaising with the Confed’s regional team to identify opportunities for local engagement and gathering information on good practice case studies.
- Liaison with external stakeholders – supporting the wider communication and engagement plan to identify opportunities to work with other relevant stakeholders and support relevant meetings
On a day to day basis the post holder will:
- Membership engagement activities – identifying new members and ensuring that member feedback is collated and informs our forward plan.
- All aspects of membership administration and analysis of membership needs and the targeting of services to meet those needs.
- Supporting the production of agendas and papers for meetings and identifying interdependencies between the national network and it’s sub-groups.
- Preparing an accurate and politically sensitive action note of discussions at meetings where appropriate.
You will receive an excellent benefits package, including 30 days annual leave, pension scheme, flexible working, salary sacrifice schemes and travel season ticket loans.
The NHS Confederation is a membership body that brings together and speaks on behalf of all organisation’s that plan, commission and provide NHS services with our members drawn from every part of the health and care system. At the NHS Confederation we are passionate about our values (voice, openness, integrity, challenge, empowerment and respect). These are supported by a set of behaviours that demonstrate the attitudes and approach we take to work.
The PCN Network plays a key role in the delivery of the policy and influencing work undertaken by the NHS Confederation on behalf of its members. This includes:
- Informing members of the changing health and care landscape in a concise and accessible way
- Representing the interests of our members at the highest levels ensuring their views and concerns are heard in the political, professional and public arenas
- Influencing the development of national policy relevant to members across government and arms-length bodies
- Supporting members by providing a ‘safe space’ where they can share views and explore ideas about the issues they face.
The PCN network works closely with other NHS Confederation directorates – policy, membership, and communications to produce publications, briefings and thought leadership pieces to highlight important policy issues facing members and to help spread learning. It also works closely with other NHS Confederation constituencies – Integrated Care Systems, Community Providers, Mental Health on a wide range of issues relevant to our members. Throughout the work of the Network is driven by the needs and priorities of our members
The NHS Confederation welcomes all applicants from all backgrounds and is committed to recruiting the best person for the job through a process that is fair, open, consistent, and free from discrimination. We believe it is essential to build a diverse and inclusive company culture where all employees feel valued, respected, and acknowledged.
The NHS Confederation is committed to being a flexible employer. We understand the value and benefit to our employees being able to work flexibly to respond to changing circumstances and we want to ensure we do as much as possible to help support a work life balance and take care of employee health and wellbeing.
How to apply
To apply please read the job description and complete the application form, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to discuss the post before applying, then please contact Karen Higgins – email@example.com
Application deadline: Monday 2nd November 2020 (midnight)
Interview date: Wednesday 18th November or Thursday 19th November 2020. You will need to allow 3 hours for the interview process which will include a short activity to test your skills.