27 / 7 / 2017 2.27pm
The NHS Confederation is the only national body working to bring together the health sector and local leaders of growth.
Here, you can find various presentations, webinars and recordings by the NHS local growth adviser, and others, on this important agenda, as well as publications that can help you establish local relationships.
To discuss this in more detail, please email
- an example of how Humber Local Enterprise Partnership is supporting its local STP’s workforce plans. Humber Local Enterprise Partnership: Supporting the local health and social care workforce Download briefings
- a useful summary of the policy context and the NHS' role in this key agenda. Local growth and the NHS: Building the foundations of a healthy economy
– a report on how clinical commissioning can help realise full potential of local economies. Shaping healthy cities and economies: The role of clinical commissioning
– a briefing for local enterprise partnerships on why invest with the NHS. The NHS and local growth: Working to ensure a healthy economy
– a primer on why, and how, the NHS can influence local plans. The NHS’ role in realising every place’s potential: Helping you influence your local economy
– a collection of essays bringing together a selection of voices on new place leadership. Unlocking the power of local: Reflections on the new place leadership
Read the latest commentary
'When it comes to financing our own future, we need to focus on the revenue', Michael Wood in the Health Service Journal, July 2017
'Health must join debates about how areas raise money, not just spend it', Michael Wood in the Local Government Chronicle, December 2016 (subscription required)
'Local democracy should be a counterweight to NHS central grip', Michael Wood in the Local Government Chronicle, November 2016 (subscription required) '
Unlock your role in the local health economy', Michael Wood in the National Health Executive, October 2016 '
Local growth must be on the agenda for STPs', Michael Wood in the Local Government Chronicle, July 2016 (subscription required) NHS and LEPs: a common agenda
David Frost CBE, chair of Stoke and Staffordshire Local Enterprise Partnership, explains why NHS leaders should reach out to their respective LEP.
VIDEO Access the interactive map
Find and connect with your local leaders of growth using our
Catch up on recent webinars
View recent presentations