22 / 03 / 2016
This slide pack summarises the key insights and learning from a cross-system event
on devolution and what impact new legislation in England could have on health and care services.
Organised by the NHS Confederation, NHS Clinical Commissioners and Local Government Association, the event:
- summarised the provisions of the Cities and Devolution Act 2016
- outlined the progress on health devolution so far
- looked at the goals of devolution and how this aligns with the goals of integration
- gave the perspectives of NHS providers and the community and voluntary sector (CVS) on the key opportunities and challenges of health devolution
- provided an opportunity for senior leaders in the NHS and the CVS to share views and discuss the potential and limits of health devolution.
These slides capture the key points of discussion and provide useful information on current 'devolution deals' and emerging themes, a case study on Greater Manchester and views on the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.