Join us in Manchester on Tuesday 12 June 2018 for our annual Communications Conference for NHS communication professionals and practitioners.
About the conference
The Communications Conference provides an excellent opportunity for NHS communication professionals and practitioners to hear about innovative and practical tools and techniques which can be applied locally to tackle everyday communications challenges in the NHS.
Our theme this year is Future-proofing communications in the modern NHS and we’ll be inviting experts from across the public and private sector to deliver plenary sessions, participate in panel discussions and lead masterclasses on topics including handling communications in a crisis, cyber-attacks, the power of a good campaign, and tackling GDPR in the 70th year of the NHS.
The Communications Conference 2018 is in its second year and begins a week of activity for NHS Confederation’s flagship annual conference and exhibition, Confed18.
Our host this year is Helen Reynolds, director of Social for the People, an organisation with a mission to help communicators be on the ball, strive to improve their skills and strengthen their ethics.
Registration is at 9.30 am and the event will run from 10am to 5pm. A drinks reception will be held after the event.
Take a look and download the full programme.
Our confirmed speakers include:
- Helen Reynolds, Director, Social for the People, @HelReynolds
- Kate Dale, Campaign Lead, This Girl Can, @kate_dale
- Dan Slee, Co-creator, Comms 2point0, @danslee
- Antony Tiernan, Director of Engagement and Communications NHS70, NHS England @AntonyTiernan
- Ceri Rose, Assistant Director - Marketing and Digital, NHS Blood and Transplant @Ceri_Rose
- Melissa Thermidor, Social Media Manager, NHS Blood and Transplant @MelissaTherms
- Capsticks, National Specialists in Healthcare Employment Work @CapsticksLLP
- Christine Townsend, CEO, MusterPoint @christinetwnsnd
- Ranjeet Singh Kaile, Director of Communications and Stakeholder Engagement, South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust @Ranjeet_Kaile
- Rachel Royall, Director of Communications, NHS Digital @RachRoyall
- Cara Charles - Barks, CEO, Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust @CaraCBCEO
- Sarah Hall, Founder and editor of #FutureProof and CIPR President for 2018 @Hallmeister
- Cymbeline Moore, Director of Communications, Great Ormond Street Hospital and Charity @GreatOrmondSt
- Amanda Nash, Head of Communications, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust @manickmanda
- Gerard North, Head of Public Sector, JC Decaux @GerardNorth
- Brogane Colclough, Insight and Research Manager, JC Decaux @JCDecaux_UK
- Rob Webster, Chief Executive, South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust @NHS_RobW
- Karen Coleman, Communication and Engagement Lead, West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and Care Partnership @WYHpartnership
- Jill Dufton, West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and Care Partnership @WYHpartnership
- Paul Cartwright, Marketing, Comms and Engagement Manager, South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust @allofusinmind
Who should attend?
Communications professionals and practitioners working at all levels in the NHS.
Why you should attend
- To keep your organisation at the top of its communications game
- To take away innovative and practical tools and techniques to tackle everyday comms challenges
- To refresh your crisis comms strategy and be prepared in the event of modern day threats, such as cybercrime.
Attendees at the conference will also be given the opportunity to attend an online crisis simulation training scenario free of charge courtesy of MusterPoint (delegates will receive a code on the day of the conference which can be used to sign up for the training scenario to be held after the event).
Take a look at the below short video from last year's conference to hear delegates sharing their thoughts on the day, including Simon Enright , director of communications at NHS England talking about the importance of such events.
Our conference is CPD accredited and is eligible for up to 5 CPD points. Please register your interest and we will send you your certificate after the event.
Prices have been held at the same level as last year's conference. Join us for this full interactive day for only:
- £149 + VAT (members of the NHS Confederation)
- £199 + VAT (non-members)
Sponsorship, exhibition and commercial packages
The conference will also include a dedicated exhibition featuring relevant exhibitors.
If you would like to take an exhibition stand, sponsorship package or any other commercial involvement with the event please email Michael Shaw, senior business development officer, or call 0113 306 3132.
The following exhibitors are currently confirmed:
How to book
Book your place using our online form.
Follow #CommsConf18 on Twitter to receive event and speaker updates.
Keep up to date on all the latest campaign and communications news with our monthly NHS Communications Bulletin.