This event is now fully booked.
When: 6 December 2012 (with a pre-conference reception and dinner on 5 December)
Where: Cardiff City Stadium
With the significant financial challenge facing the Welsh NHS likely to last for a long time to come, what can we do now to put ourselves in the best position for the future? Are we being bold enough in planning our services and workforce, and do we consider the impact of the changing needs of patients?
New keynote speaker just announced:
Dawn Bowden, Unison Cymru / Wales Head of Health
Further keynote speakers include:
Mike Farrar - NHS Confederation chief executive
Roy Lilley - NHS writer, broadcaster and commentator
Ruth Hussey - new Chief Medical Officer for Wales
Professor Ceri Phillips - health economics, Swansea University
Lesley Griffiths, Health Minister
David Sissling, Chief Executive of the NHS in Wales
Your choice of small workshop sessions focusing on:
- Making partnerships work
- Does the NHS in Wales get the press it deserves?
- Assuring quality - preparing for Francis
- Delivering improved outcomes for patients with COPD in Primary Care. A collaborative approach between Aneurin Bevan Health Board & GSK
New! Book your place at the breakfast session
Accreditation and Regulation the way forward for management in NHS Wales? A discussion led by Bob Hudson Chair of the Welsh Divisional Council of the IHM in Wales.
- Meet, network and share experience with other Welsh NHS leaders.
- You'll also hear from Welsh NHS Confederation Director, Helen Birtwhistle, and Chair, Win Griffiths.
- Take time out of the office to consider plans for post-consultation and look ahead to the next 10 years.
- Go back to your organisation with renewed energy and a stronger focus on how to tackle the challenges ahead.
- Be fully informed of the current NHS landscape and how it affects you.
- Look at the themes of quality and leadership, and how focusing on these in your organisation can help you meet future financial and other challenges.
- A reception and dinner the evening before the conference will help you make the most of networking opportunities.
- the conference will be chaired by Betsan Powys, Political Editor, BBC Wales Cymru.
Who should attend?
- Chief executives, chairs, non-executive and executive directors, senior managers of NHS organisations in Wales.
- Voluntary or not for profit organisations who work with the NHS in Wales
- Comercial organisations who work with or are interested in working with the NHS in Wales.
- GPs in Wales
Pre-conference reception and dinner
Make the most of conference networking by joining fellow delegates on the evening before the event.You can book for this when booking your conference place.
When: 5 December 2012, starting at 6.30pm (dinner at 8.00pm)
Where: Ffresh, Wales Millennium Centre, Bute Place, Cardiff Bay, CF10 5AL
NHS Confederation members: £160
Commercial associate partner: £220
Not-for-profit organisation: £185
Voluntary organisation: £130
Commercial organisation: £250
Pre-conference reception and dinner: £45
If you require accommodation in Cardiff please contact our agents, Reservation Highway on: Tel 01423 525577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for negotiated rates in nearby hotels.
Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities
If you are interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at this event, please contact the team on 0844 800 5989, or email email@example.com.